Friday, May 8, 2009

Last day of radiation!!! YEAH!!!!!

Today Allan had his last radiation treatment!!! They gave him a silver bell to put by his chair so if he needs something he can ring for us....hmmmmmm ;) He also got to ring the brass (ship bell) bell to signal that his radiation treatments were at an end. He rang it very hard so I know he is especially glad to not have to do that anymore! He is very tired from the radiation but he now has a few weeks off to recuperate. He slept in for the first time since the hospital and felt really rested so that is a huge blessing!! We are fast learning to celebrate the 'small' stuff as it is HUGE to us now. We took some pics today of Allan and we will post them...sure hope I don't post this without them! Have a wonderful Mother's Day all of you mothers!!!! We hope your day is very special for you. Ok...Lisa says I will be posting this without the pics as the pics are still in the camera...I learn something new all the time from our kiddos! They are so smart : )
Love you all!!!
Allan and Colleen

1 comment:

  1. Happy Mother's Day Sweet GF!!! You did a great job taking those pictures of Allan! That is awesome that he was able to sleep in! Hope you were able to sleep in too! We sure do love you both very much!!!
    Lots of love,
    G&C in PA

    ReplyDelete